Monday, July 25, 2011

Eggless Chocolate Chip Biscuits (Cookies)

In winter I love dunking a biscuit in Milo (I LOVE Tim Tam Slams) so when there are no Tim Tams in the house and I am in the mood for a chocolate biscuit I have two chocolate chip recipes I turn to.  One with eggs and another for times when there are no eggs to be found (or if I know my visitors have an allergy to eggs). 


Ingredients:
250g margarine or butter
250g brown sugar
4 Tablespoons condensed milk
2 1/4 cup self raising flour
160g chocolate chips (or chocolate broken into chips) - you can add more if you love your chocolate ;p

Method:
1.  Preheat oven to 170 oC and grease trays.
2. Beat butter, brown sugar and condensed milk until light and fluffy.
3.  Stir in sifted flour, then chocolate.
4.  Place small amounts onto greased trays, allowing room to spread.  Flatten with fork.
5.  Bake for 15 minutes or until pale fawn on under side.
6.  Cool on wire rack
7.  Enjoy!

This recipe is great if you have budding chefs wanting to cook (and taste test) as I do.  Because there are no eggs you don't need to be concerned about little ones consuming raw egg.  Be warned though - you may need to keep a watchful eye on the biscuits (cookies) once they are cooked if you have little ones around because in our house Chloe was so keen to enjoy them she was trying to take them before they had even cooled!       


Pinterest link